- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Timezone: GMT+10/11
- Remote: Yes
- Résumé/CV: https://persumi.com/u/fredwu/cv
- Email: [email protected]
My name’s Fred Wu, I’m an experienced Elixir and Ruby developer who has worked on many commercial projects as well as having released dozens of open source Hex packages and Rubygems.
I work as a CTO in my day job, leading a small team. I enjoy hands-on software design, coding, strategy, product research and everything in between.
I’ve been using Elixir for over half a decade, ruby for over a decade, lead and built multiple commercial B2B & B2C SaaS projects. I’ve always been very hands on, and have worked with multiple tech stacks in the past, including JS/React, PHP and a sprinkle of Golang and Clojure.
- My blog: https://persumi.com/u/fredwu/tech
- My talks: https://persumi.com/u/fredwu/talks
- My Github profile: https://github.com/fredwu
- My Open Source Heroes profile: https://opensource-heroes.com/u/fredwu
- My published Ruby gems: https://rubygems.org/profiles/fredwu
- My published Elixir hex packages: https://hex.pm/users/fredwu
- My LinkedIn profile: https://linkedin.com/in/wufred/
- My YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/@fredwu
As you probably noticed I have quite a few projects on Github. Some of the more interesting ones are:
- ExDoubleEntry, a double entry accounting library built for two crypto-related projects.
- Crawler, a high performance web crawler built in Elixir.
- Simple Bayes, a naive bayes machine learning implementation in Elixir.
- OPQ, a simple in-memory queue with worker pooling and rate limiting in Elixir.
- Datamappify, an experimental project in Ruby building a “layer 0” ORM on top of ActiveRecord and Sequel.
If you think my skills and experience could add value to the project I’d love to chat more. You could reach me at [email protected]. Thanks!