Hiring is usually a long and difficult process - in order to streamline and simply it, I use Kanban to manage the whole process. I believe, hiring should be as lean and agile as our development process.
My Kanban board for hiring (we just started hiring at SitePoint!):
Using a Kanban board offers a number of advantages:
- a clear picture of the candidates with their feedback from code tests and interviews
- a straightforward view of where a candidate is at in the hiring process
- limited number of candidates in some stages to prevent chaos
- visual reminders to get in touch with the candidates, it’s always a good idea to keep them in the loop
- a tight WIP limit for shortlisted candidates, there’s no point to shortlist too many candidates
What do you think?
Enjoy what you are reading? Sign up for a better experience on Persumi.